Meet Tancredi D’Amore, MD, FACS
Tancredi D’Amore, MD, FACS
Recognized as a TOP DOCTOR 2022
Tancredi D’Amore was born and raised in Italy. He attended the University of Lausanne School Of Medicine in Switzerland. During his Medical School years Dr. D’Amore was accepted for clerkships at various prestigious international institutions including Harvard Medical School in Boston, Mount Sinai Medical School in New York City, St. Mary’s Hospital and Medical School in London and the renowned Plastic Surgery Clinic Ivo Pitanguy in Rio de Janeiro. After graduating from Medical School he moved to the United States for a rigorous surgical training at the New York Medical College with a 5-year General Surgery residency which included his final Chief Resident year. To pursue his original passion for Plastic Surgery Dr. D’Amore attended a residency program at Tulane University in New Orleans. To further refine his skills he subsequently obtained a fellowship in Microsurgery at Davies Medical Center in San Francisco which is considered one of the leading microsurgical centers in the world.
After completing his training Dr. D’Amore started his private practice of Plastic Surgery in Marin County, California. His commitment to Plastic Surgery and teaching led him to become Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco. Previous leadership positions include Chief of Plastic Surgery at the Veteran’s Administration Medical Center in San Francisco and Chief of Plastic Surgery and Vice Chairman of the Department of Surgery at Marin General Hospital. He is the author of more than 30 original publications and presentations.
Dr. D’Amore is a member of numerous professional societies and serves on several committees, including the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery which is open only to board certified plastic surgeons with a special interest in cosmetic surgery, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, and the American Association of Plastic Surgeons. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Plastic Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. D’Amore has been recognized with the highest awards, among them he was included in The Guide to America’s Top Surgeons every year since 2002. And in America’s Best Doctors since 2010.
Dr. D’Amore believes in the importance of philanthropy. He participates by bringing his expert skills to patients in developing countries and volunteers in a number of international missions.
- D’Amore T: Browpexy: Simple and Effective. Panel: Simplified Techniques for restoring brow Aesthetics. American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Annual Meeting New York, New York April 14, 2013
- D’Amore TF, Young D, Young C: Browpexy Revisited. American Association of Plastic Surgeons Annual Scientific meeting. San Francisco 2012
- D’Amore TF: Browpexy. UCSF Biannual Update. San Francisco 20117
- D’Amore TF: Quantifying the expansion necessary to achieve symmetry in breast reconstruction. California Society of Plastic Surgeons, 57th Annual Meeting. San Francisco 2007
- D’Amore TF: The Supraorbital Island Flap for forehead Reconstruction. University of California at San Francisco, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery 3rd Scientific Program. San Francisco 1999
- D’Amore TF: The Supraorbital Island Flap for Forehead Reconstruction. California Society of Plastic Surgeons, 49th Annual Scientific Meeting. San Francisco 1999
- D’Amore TF: The Endoscopic Treatment of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. University of California at San Francisco, Second Postgraduate Course in Plastic Surgery: Application of New Techniques and Technology in Plastic Surgery. San Francisco 1997
- D’Amore TF, Denkler KA: Total ear replantation. Fifth Congress of Italian and American Plastic Surgeons. San Francisco 1996
- D’Amore TF, Denkler KA: Successful microvascular replantation of the external ear. California Society of Plastic Surgeons, 48th Annual Scientific Meeting. Indian Wells, California 1996
- Sunde DE, Oliva A, D’Amore, TF: Precision Doppler Ultrasound monitoring of free flaps. California Society of Plastic Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting. San Diego, 1994.
- Oliva A, D’Amore TF, Buncke HJ, Lineweaver WC, Buncke GM, Alpert BS, Siko PP: Microvascular replantation of the avulsed scalp. American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons Annual Scientific Meeting.